A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, December 30, 2021

What is the Lesson 2021 Taught You/Me?

After writing yesterday's post of the top 21 Things in 2021, I received a message from one of my Writing in community (WIC) members. He read with interest my list, plans on writing up his thoughts, and his 21, and posed the question: What is the lesson 2021 taught me? 

Well, I had to sit for a bit and think. I did take some time to think through my 21 Things, but what did they all teach me. Hmmm. 

Here is my response:

The lesson that 2021 taught me is that our world revolves around people. 

I'm a people person. 

People need People. 

Those close to me have been the light for me on some dark days in 2021 as noted in my 21 Things. This all wraps up nicely with the WIC, the people here, and the chance to express ourselves through our words. Many of those words may stay dormant, but many of them will be turned into blog posts, newsletters and books that could change the world. 

And how does one do that? One person at a time. 

bSoleille!

Terri


A Kelleys Island, Ohio sunset over Lake Erie 2021





No comments: