A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Christmas Party Pivot

Since my quilt guild's regular meeting place is not ready for hosting anything due to Covid, of course, we pivoted. Guild member Debbi Carter is not only the new Program Chair, but single handedly invited the members to her home with the party in her beautifully heated garage decorated with quilts, a tree and a  chocolate fountain on the dessert table. Debbi (and husband Tim) hosted 21 of us for a catered dinner—reminiscent like we were back in 2019. 

Can I say it was fantastic to be with all my quilting peeps for a couple of hours!? 

In addition to catching up with one another IRL, several participated in our annual holiday 12" block swap. I did too. I decided to make a few blocks this afternoon and made quick work of a cute reindeer block posted below. I came home with a lovely angel block made by Robin Stinchcomb. I loved all the Christmas sweaters, jewelry and festive atmosphere. 

I am officially in the Christmas spirit for 2021! A huge shout of THANKS to Debbi and Tim Carter!

BSoleille!

Terri







No comments: