A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Christmas Magic in Quilts!

For one family, Christmas came a little early for two handsome young boys and their quilts. Their mom commissioned me to fashion two quilts out of her boys' T-shirts. Every color in the rainbow from their youth (including when they were 2, 3 and 4 years old), plus when they started Kindergarten and beyond is represented in each quilt. They were fun to make and I'm thrilled that they liked them.

Mom-of-the-boys, Jean, couldn't wait to share their joy with me when they opened their quilts tonight. In addition to the photos below (taken by Jean), they also said, "Best blanket ever." "Shirts to remember." The eldest boy, Kyle said, "she's so talented." This compliment coming from a young man made my day, if not, my Christmas. It's the little things...

Jean closed her text to me and stated that Kyle is truly in awe

When I take on projects, most of them T-Shirt Quilts, my goal is to wow my clients. I go the extra mile to make them all special. I love creating treasured keepsakes for years to come. If the quilts are taken care of, these two boys will have them and enjoy them for a long time. 

That is the best gift of all.

BSoleille!

Terri






No comments: