A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Good Cheer at Homestead Gardens

In my very first post on January 1, 2012, I included a photo of our Christmas tree that year in twinkling white lights. Over the last 10 years, I've whittled down quite a bit on the whole decoration thing. I put up that same tree for a few years, got a smaller table top one, and decorated those smaller trees with just a few ornaments. For another few years, I only put one ornament on the tree. 

This year, I went with the two dwarf pine trees sold by a neighbor Boy Scout as I did last year. It came with garland, a star, and twinkling white lights. I even placed one ornament on one of the two trees. It's easy. It still has all the spirit of a big tree and we like it that way.

But after all my quilts (finished yesterday) and baking (today) were done, I suggested to my guys to ride down to Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville, MD. It's a huge garden center that has wonderful Christmas displays and a huge Christmas Village train set up for all to admire. It was the perfect visit to admire all the decorate trees and vignettes spread around this huge garden center. 

The three of us rode back home in the holiday spirit of Christmas.

BSoleille!

Terri


 

No comments: