A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 6, 2021

December Rose

Living in the Mid-Atlantic, it seems unusual for a rose to bloom in December. When I poked my head out the door to see if the mail was delivered, I noticed a rose bud getting ready to bloom. This particular rose bush was planted by the previous owner over 25 years ago, and frankly, it's quite temperamental. Some years it never blooms. Some years I have to trim it back mid-summer because it gets so wild. 

I think our wacky weather has something to do with this single bloom with today's temperature rising over 60 degrees this afternoon. Then it is supposed to plummet tonight accompanied by high winds (already started as I write this post). I'll have to check to see if that rose bloom has retreated tomorrow when blustery winds and cold temperatures rush in overnight. 

Interestingly enough, look at how pink and perfect this rose is ready to sprout its petals. I'm duly impressed...nature has a way to do that to me when I tune into it as I did today. 

Gotta love a December rose!

BSoleille!

Terri






No comments: