A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

What 21 Things Went Right in 2021?

Newspapers around the country (paper and online versions) are posting articles about year end and top songs/books/people etc. The Washington Post had an uplifting article recently about 21 Things that went Right this year. 

This got me inspired to make my own list. There is nothing like the power of a chocolate chip cookie and Gratitude to lift sagging and overwrought spirits! I invite you to make your own list - here is mine:

1. Placed in the care of great doctors at the beginning of the year after sobering uterine cancer diagnosis.

2. Healing went well after the (2) surgeries with my immediate family; Bill, Olivia and Ryan taking premium care of me for weeks.

3. Well wishes sent to me from around the world that catapulted me to where I am today: healthy!

4. Publishing my first book: The Focused Fight (March)

5. Thanking all the great folks who helped me shape that book to get the message of hope and inspiration out into the world (you know who you are!) 

6. Two Covid vaccinations and a Booster

7. The solid Writing in Community (WIC) that inspires my daily practice of writing.

8. My Quilts From the Heart blog readers! You rock!!!

9. A new microwave and whole house Insulation 

10. Quality time with my family that involved delicious food made on the trio of grills

11. A big book Zoom launch in March attended by many that love me and love my mission. Book signings in Crofton and Cleveland plus those who watched (30) 1 minute videos in September for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (on youtube)... and the Podcasts I've been asked to be on this past year to also help spread the message! 

12. Walking and Running the Crofton, Maryland Parkway almost daily

13. One week vacation on Kelleys Island, Ohio, in June. 

14. Summer travel for (8) weekends in a row for weddings/book signings/graduation parties

15. Two week vacation in Colorado with my hubby in August

16. Sleeping under the stars and full moon with just a sleeping bag (no tent) at 10,000 ft.

17. In shape enough to referee a full high school soccer season (over 40 games!)

18. Hearing from friends and family near and far for my milestone birthday (November) and hosting my college friends for a weekend of fun/hiking/dining-in in celebration

19. Hosting a beautiful Thanksgiving Day/Weekend for 12 in Crofton.

20.  All the T-shirt quilts and commissioned work I made for my clients throughout the year (especially at Christmastime!)

21. After 10 years of almost daily blogging, I reached a milestone I never dreamed of: 3000 posts! I am thrilled beyond words and appreciate anyone who has read my words through the years. My heart is full. 

I am working to switch over my writing under my website and the blog they offer through that. This way, everything will be under one roof! There will be an archive of all my QuiltsFromTheHeart posts as well as other announcements - like my next book and when it will be published.

Please stay tuned...

BSoleille!

Terri

Forest Bathing in Colorado 2021


No comments: