A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Blog Post Stats

As I wrap up the last nine posts (I may go over 3000 for good measure), I perused the stats that Blogger provides. Interestingly, over the last 10 years, QuiltsFromTheHeart has had over 537,000 views. Some posts received 5K, 10K, and one, over 25K views! I never knew until I looked this stuff over. 

However, during my first year in 2011, and according to Blogger, I did not have any views. I'm not sure what analytics they are using (perhaps folks had to sign in?), but I did have readership (or at least that's what my family told me). Apparently, readership picked up the following year. 

What I've learned doing an almost daily blog is that I could do it, even after the gauntlet went down on me in December of 2010 by my brother-in-law, Don Tomoff. It was not a dare per se, rather an idea to pursue. 

Reflecting back, I'm thrilled that I took the bait. I dove right in. That first year I did not miss one single day - 365 posts, thankyouverymuch. I've learned more about myself, and about writing, than if I chose not to do it at all. I further believe that all that blog writing helped catapult me to start writing a book about Ryan's and my family's cancer journey in 2016. This eventually led to The Focused Fight, fittingly published this year.  It's an accomplishment that I am very proud of and very thankful to all those who helped me in the process. I could never have done it alone. THANK YOU to all who helped me along the way in that wonderful journey!

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: