A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Ushering in a New Decade - Hiking/Boat Brunch/Museum!

What a weekend! I couldn't have scripted such an amazing birthday weekend like I've had if it wasn't for my family, my friends who came to celebrate with me (Rosalie Franek,  Laura Hennessey and Jodie Smith), and a huge community of well-wishers of birthday greetings. I cannot thank everyone enough to make this girl feel very special turning 6-0. 

Yesterday was an epic 9 mile hike in the Shenandoahs of Syria, Virginia. The Best Daughter, Bill, the BG Girls and I woke up at 5:30 am to drive 2.5 hours to the White Oak Canyon Trail. The views were stunning with the trees in peak fall colors and the trail sprinkled with over 50 cascading waterfalls with treacherous crossings and 2800 ft. of elevation gain. The hike became more technical due to some rain, wet granite rocks, leaves and loose footing. A pint of beer afterwards in Culpeper, VA, helped our tired and sore bodies.

Today the celebration continued with a brunch on a large sailboat parked in a marina in Galesville, Maryland. Laura's brother and his wife recently sold their home and bought a beautiful boat to sail around the world upon their retirement next year. They are not fully certified to captain the boat yet, but we were able to ooh and ahh and have a delicious brunch with them in their marina. 

Following brunch, we headed to DC to visit my favorite museum: The National Portrait Gallery. We spent a couple of hours viewing several galleries that we were interested in, one being portraits of famous women authors. So cool! Dinner afterwards at a restaurant near the gallery rounded out our day. 

I am so humbled by everything that happened this weekend. It was a beautiful way to celebrate a milestone event and I will forever be grateful. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

BSoleille!

Terri

The start of the White Oak Canyon Trail

At the marina

Donna, Laura, Rosalie and Jodie

Rosalie, Jodie and Laura

Our hiking crew

Museum and dinner

A strong Rosalie lifting a boulder.

 

No comments: