A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Day 3 of West River, Maryland Quilt Retreat!

It’s a wonderful thing to have the clocks go back an hour tonight. Especially when one is on a quilt retreat. There are never enough hours in the day for us with all that we bring and want to either finish, or at least, work on. That means tonight we have that extra "free" hour of sewing/quilting.

We’ve all been busy working on so many things that the "crown of completion" was passed around quickly from one finisher of something to another. The "crown of completion" is a tiara that is proudly worn, even for a few minutes, until someone else finishes something. Not only is the tiara bequeathed to the newest finisher of a completed project, we are serenaded with a kazoo to the tune of Ta-Da or "Charge."

It’s the little things.

Not only have I been working on a huge commissioned project, I have been designated to DJ and spin the tunes of our lives. As I write this, we are rockin’ and rollin’ to the Eagles Greatest Hits! Who doesn’t know the all the words? I just glanced up and noticed 10 people singing along. I don’t think we can beat the sound of our machines humming along, but we can do our best to drown it out by our singing (and harmonizing)!

Piece…Out.

bSoleille!

Terri

Debbi Carter's beautiful Son & Moon (name of pattern)

Retreaters hard at work



No comments: