A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, November 12, 2021

I'm 60!

There's no turning back the clock on birthdays, just straight ahead into a new decade. For me it's the 60's starting today. 

A huge thank you for sending birthday wishes and greetings through the miles, over the hills and into my heart. What a day! I can't believe it. I feel the love and and blessed beyond words!

Yesterday (since it was predicted rain this morning), The Best Daughter and I went down to the US Supreme Court Building to take a few photos of this milestone birthday. I love the stately marble columns, a perfect fit for a backdrop for the occasion. 

Later this afternoon, a party atmosphere was happening inside the house. Ryan was crafting the dinner planning on his various grills (my wish for surf and turf and chicken, plus his "famous" smoked mac-n-cheese and sides made by Olivia for my bday meal was granted. Not long after everything was started, the BG Girls were driving in from Indiana and Ohio (Jodie Smith, Rosalie Franek and Laura Hennessey).

We had a great night in celebration; delicious food and drink, conversation and a fierce game of Quiddler! Though I can't believe it, this birthday girls is content! And come to think of it - big time grateful for everything in my life. 

Here are a few photos from yesterday's photo shoot:







 


No comments: