A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, November 15, 2021

Surprising Gifts and an Orchid!

One doesn't need much at the Big 6-0 in the way of gifts. Books and cards are great; food gifts too (got one!) Breakfasts, brunches and lunches and dinner over the past two weeks were all fantastic (I'm one lucky girl). Flowers are equally wonderful and I was blessed with a few arrangements that are all remarkable! My heart was/is bursting with love and gratitude for everything sent to me! I can't believe it. I also got a new sewing chair from my sisters that will keep me in stitches (pun intended...I couldn't help it).

However, the best gift of all is friendship. It comes in many shapes and sizes. It's the wind beneath my wings as I flit and try to nurture every single one. My friendships are with guys and gals, young and old and from all over the world. These relationships bring me immense joy. Those who know me probably know that I've never met a stranger. I can go to a party and not know a soul (okay, I do know the host or hostess) and yet leave with a "new best friend." I am not kidding. Ha!

This past weekend my friendships deepened a tick or two with the BGGGW gang (Bowling Green Girls Gone Wild). Our "wildness" comes in the form of adventures: traveling, hiking, running, walking, playing board games, eating in and out and visiting museums (in Washington DC). We are still in synch with each other 40-45 years later even though our lives have gone on and we live in different states. When we get together, the years melt away like an Alaskan iceberg. 

Last week, hubby Bill mentioned that I "nurture" friendships (I hope he knows I am nurturing our marriage too!). I posted something to that effect in the Writing In Community (WIC) comparing friendships to orchids. Apparently, it did not take long for someone in this world-wide cohort to quickly arrange a delivery! This gift was from the "Elephants" and "Crows" in WIC.  I am one part of the "Elephant" herd of six. 

On Friday, the doorbell rang (Ring...aren't they great?). Left on the stoop was a large tall box. I brought it in and examined it. I needed to find where to open it. So I did. I carefully followed how to exactly extract what was in the box that was written on the box. I then lifted out a two foot white orchid plant onto the table. 

It's stunning. Bill suggested we take a photo pronto. I agreed.

Now the race is on to nurture the orchid like I wrote about in a recent post about friendship. I know I can do this! 

BSoleille!

Terri




No comments: