A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, November 7, 2021

A Pair of Jeans

The cleverness of some of my sewing friends resulted in naming—a pair of Jeans. Not the kind you wear. Nope, the “new” name emerged when two guild members named Jean happened to sit across from each other the entire retreat weekend that we couldn’t resist the name (better than The Bobbsey Twins!).

Gotcha if you thought I was working in denim fabric! Ha!

The mentorship of life and friendship from these two Jeans’ add up to 164 years (one is 87 and the other is 77 years young). I’ve known them both for years and I truly treasure their collected wisdom beyond measure…pun intended.

The Jean who is 87 still drives and has a full life. Her husband is not doing well (on hospice), but she believes in self-care. She knows that going on this November’s retreat twas going to help her be a better caregiver for her husband once she returned home. I couldn’t agree more and told her so.

The Jean who is 77 is a cyclist and pianist after retiring over 20 years ago from teaching. She told me that she rode over 2,700 miles this summer! She is a heroine and inspiration too!

These are two examples of the women who I got to sew with on retreat. I wanna be like them when I enter the upper decades (God-willing) - driving, cycling, sewing, traveling. They are enjoying their lives to the fullest even with obstacles of their own aging, or their husband’s aging, staring them in the face. 

It's not all about the sewing...

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: