A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

The "Thankies" Continued

It’s a very powerful thing this Thankfulness Week (in USA). My mind is all over the place in recognizing the good/“thankies" that oozes from many facets of life. Of course, it’s not all a bed of roses, but to pull out a memory or a fleeting thought of something good, if not great, is not that hard at all. Take for instance: health.

My Dad, who was not a talker, used to say when he would get a chance, that if you have your health, you have everything. Oh, how true that is. As I age, I marvel at that wisdom. Today, I am grateful beyond words on my son’s current health, and now, my own. Those excruciating weeks between surgeries for me earlier this year on what cancer I actually had wore my down something fierce. Plus, I was trying to get The Focused Fight out into the world. Two worlds colliding, but I had to gut through it with no complaining. At. All.

All I can say is that my health was in jeopardy. I couldn’t possibly have “everything,” not that I wanted “everything” accept good health, because to me That is Everything.

I’m so THANKFUL for the diagnosis (Uterine Cancer- Stage 1A) that so far only required surgery (intense as that was!). When I reflect back on just eight or nine months ago, I cannot believe it was me going through what I had to do to get to the other side of... health. Hubby Bill was a saint to keep me down and heal properly. He knew (I knew too, but...) that I needed to rest, rest, rest to fully recover and not take anything for granted in the healing department. He, and we, followed the instructions to to the letter. I'm grateful that he "sat" on me so I could be where I am today. 

So cheers to good health for you and your loved ones, today and every single day.

I think I’ll have a chocolate chip cookie (CCC) to celebrate because one can never underestimate the power of a CCC.

Safe travels to those getting on the highways and byways (and airways) this week to celebrate one of my favorite holidays of the year - Thanksgiving! 

Gobble Gobble!

Terri

Thanksgiving 2015 with the Nolan side of the family in Crofton, Maryland!


No comments: