A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, November 5, 2021

Day 2 SoCo Quilt Retreat

Wooohooo, a full day of sewing with minimal breaks. It’s just the way I like it. However, I’m in good company with my sewing sisters who think the same way. It seems we can’t get enough hours in the day to finish the many projects we bring to complete, but only muster to finish one or two (especially if they are big quilts).

Since I brought a few projects that I need to have done by Christmas, I’ve been workin’ like one of Santa’s elves. This dedicated time has been a huge blessing; not only getting a handle on the scope of what I need done from a quilting/sewing perspective, but polishing the gems of friendships I hold dear in my heart with many of the ladies on retreat with me.

We come from all walks of life, span five decades, hail from four states, have interesting lives and gather on retreats with our common denominator: fabric…and what we can do with it to make treasured keepsakes.

The conversations and stories that whirl around the room are dizzying as well as vibrant, funny and poignant.

For me, it’s all intoxicating to hang with other sewists and fabric artists! 

BSoleille!

Terri

Christmas Quilt by my sister Kim - started in 2017

Retreat Center; West River, Maryland

Slicing and dicing fabric by Deb Hoppe and Mary Nielsen


No comments: