A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, October 22, 2021

The Tomoff Nest

I've been inspired by my Shoebox Swap with 11 other sewists/quilters. We've been at it since February swapping blocks of all shapes and sizes from Maryland to Florida to Arizona. Sometimes we reveal what we finished in our group texts. Sometimes not. 

One swapper, Deb Carter, wants House Blocks. That cover a lot of ground including a house that people live in, or a doghouse, birdhouse or even a bee-hive. They are all shelters for creatures of every shape and size.

The thought of a making a birdhouse resonated with me. I had so much fun making Deb's block, I decided to make one for me and my family (I am assuming Deb will be making a quilt with all her blocks). I made mine just a little bigger for a wall hanging that I'm naming: The Tomoff Nest. 

My creative juices were flowing this afternoon in making and finishing this miniature quilt/wall-hanging. Those juices spilled over for me to the other quilts (T-shirt quilts) I'm still working on as well. The divergence of making something cute put me in a great and festive mood. Oh, and the size is 12.5"X14.5"

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: