A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

10 Hours of Sleep!

Let me ask...when was the last time you slept 10 hours straight and were not sick? Well, when the lights went out last night around 8:30 pm, while sewing, mind you, I decided to turn in. In darkness until I found my phone and its flashlight, I unplugged the iron and sewing machine. My next move -  I headed straight to bed. Oh, I stopped by to use the bathroom and brush my teeth, but I couldn't wait to slide under a couple of quilts to slumber. When I made up my mind to go to bed, I never wasted a second to wait and see when the lights come back on. 

Thankfully, I fell fast to sleep which is unusual for me. My alarm woke me at precisely 7:00 am. I felt refreshed and renewed when I opened my eyes. I have no idea when I slept that many hours before last night, but I know it's been a long time for sure. 

Perhaps as the weather cools, some fall rains come in and daylight savings time ends, I'll be able to sneak in another long night in slumber. Not sure about 10 hours, but at least 8!

BSoleille!

Terri

Old-fashioned quilt I quilted/put the blocks together with gifted feed sack blocks


No comments: