A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Back to BEE!

Through the last year and a half, I never lost contact with my quilting bee: Just Sew. We zoomed every week like most of the world did. In the last few months we have returned to in-person bees. It's grand. We all missed each other like crazy. It's a good thing for women to have creative outlets...and share that energy and enthusiasm with like minded people. My sewing sisters are the elixir for me more than they know (and we do talk about everything under the sun.)

I love to host too. The house gets a quick tidy and it feels good to have folks in our house once again. I hosted a month or so ago, and will have another one coming up in November. I even made a lunch for my bee-mates which was appreciated (we usually pack our lunches no matter what house we are sewing in). 

Today we were at Susie Stevenson's for bee. I worked on flannel scraps and started to put together a small quilt. It was fun to play with the flannel fabrics and create something on the spot. Sometimes I am referred to as the "Queen of Wing." The moniker fits for days like today...winging it with whatever scraps I have on hand (or in my plastic zip-lock bag).

BSoleille!

Terri

Photos from hosting on Sept. 15, 2021



Deb Hoppe; Susie; Debbi Carter, Carrie Casto and Karen Todd


  

No comments: