A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Song Remembers When

Sometimes a song from the past, like Trisha Yearwood's s above title, can stop you in your tracks. It can bring you right back to that moment in time and place; with what you wore, or who you were with or even the car you were in or driving at the time.

Lately with all the quilting and sewing I'm doing, I listen a lot to the radio (along with my favorite CD's). I tend to switch around genres so I don't get bored with listening to the same five songs the DJ's play. So every once on a while a "blast from the past" will come on to take me right back to that time. A couple songs will do that to me including, Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" taking me back to Rhodes High School skating parties that started at 11:30 pm!; Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights", taking me back to 1977 when my Dad drove me and seven other summer track girls to South Bend, Indiana in a 9 passenger station wagon (and we screamed every single word in that song about a 100 times that trip), and Lionel Richie's, "You Are" taking me back to my college days as that song came on every single time I drove home.

Photo from weekend at West River as the fog rolled in for a little bit before the sun burned it off.

BSoleille! The joy of music!
Terri

No comments: