A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Parent's Getaway Weekend

The Special Love cancer organization has done an adult only respite weekend every fall for the last 12 years or so. We sort of get the chance to "go to camp", though without bugs, hot weather and camp food. Thankfully, after a 10 year hiatus I got the chance to go once again. This weekend's event is being held at the beautiful and historic George Washington Hotel in Winchester, Virginia.

Riding out this morning on a route never taken before (through the rolling hills of Virginia), I was smitten with the most spectacular and breathtaking view as I crested a very gentle hill and saw below the Shenandoah Valley as it winds its way down to Winchester.

My photos today include the planners: Marilyn Eichner and Shari Fisher who worked very hard to put on such a wonderful weekend for parents who have children recently diagnosed with cancer to those who have years under their belts to the bereaved. Tears and laughter go hand in hand here.

Second photo of the outside of this historic hotel.

BSoleille! The bright side of relaxation. For me that included yoga and a back message!

Terri

No comments: