A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

15+ Hours of Quilting

A long day sitting at my machine but oh so worth it. I'm thankful that the other 21 ladies on retreat pretty much feel the same way and we "cheer" each other on to complete quilt tops, place labels on the finished projects and, the big one, to "support" each other when squaring our pieced blocks. 

Many beautiful quilts and other sewing related items are nearing completion while here from just about everyone. If and when a project is completed the finisher receives a kazoo serenade, oohs and ahs from the multitude and a tiara plus "the beads of being done"!  I was able to wear the tiara for a good 5 minutes today!

My photo is the one quilt top I "finished" today. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of thinking "Who needs to sleep on retreat?"

Terri

No comments: