A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted!

That's what my sticker says after leaving the voting booth this afternoon. Luckily my wait was only 40 minutes. I heard some folks had waits up to 3 hours! Now that's commitment to partaking in our civic duty.

I'm thankful to so many of the women suffrages who battled for over 50 years to get women to vote. In the USA is is the 19th Amendment ratified in August of 1920, and today marks the ninth time I have been eligible to vote in a presidential election.

And whoever wins the election today will certainly have his work cut out for him during the next four years! Godspeed!

BSoleille! The bright side of living in a democracy.

Terri

Photo of the line I was in this afternoon at 3:00 in Crofton, Maryland.

No comments: