A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Friends and Sponsors Dinner

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give".
Sir Winston Churchill

I am thankful and honored to have been invited by the faculty and staff of the Department of Pediatrics at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital for their annual Friends and Sponsor Dinner at The Four Seasons Hotel in Washington DC. It's a terrific event thanking those who make Georgetown Pediatrics a premier hospital to take care of ill children and their families.

Those honored tonight give back to Georgetown through countless hours of volunteering at the medical student run clinic, corporate donations and the founder of the NICU Parent Advisory Board, Tracy Key, who has raised thousands of dollars to help others with premature babies.

My photo is me and Pat Scully, President of the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild of Bowie, Maryland. Pat has single handedly made many "dinosaur" quilts for many of Georgetown's Pediatric Oncology Patients. I would like to thank her and the rest of our guild (community quilts) for all the quilts made for the many pediatric patients through the years!!! Bravo!

BSoleille! The bright side of "giving back".

Terri

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congratulations Terri! You certainly deserve it. I remember visiting a student at Georgetown and noticing a beautiful quilt behind the hospital reception desk. When I asked about it I was told it was hand made and gifted by Terri Tomoff. True fabric art that brightened up an area of the hospital that is a bit intimidating.