A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Sunflowers = Bees!

Oh how the wild sunflowers are preening themselves all over Colorado right now. They are really pretty and I cannot get enough of them. Colorado has five varieties of wild sunflowers that bloom in August: common, Maximilian, Nuttalls, prairie and bush sunflowers. Everyone has them in their gardens, and they are blooming all over the state as as well.

While walking through the small town of Berthoud, CO, with our hostesses, we happened to come across a house with almost the entire tree lawn of sunflowers. I "needed" to have Bill take a photo of me in the middle on them, but I noticed a lot of bees buzzing so I did not get too far into the thick of them. 

It didn't take too long for me to get stung on the back of my toes once on the sidewalk, One bee must have been irate that I invaded their space and tore off after me once the photo was taken. I screamed the second I got stung since it hurt! I had to sit down on the curb (away from all flowers) where I carefully used a credit card from Bill's wallet to remove the stinger. Problem solved and the pain was instantly gone. 

BSoleille!

Terri

Admiring the pretty sunflowers moments before getting stung! OUCH!



No comments: