A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 21, 2021

National Dog Day!

If you have a canine or two, I celebrate with you today with your bundle(s) of fur and everlasting companionship on National Dog Day. It's been a few years since our last dog, Loo-C-Loo died. We sure do miss them, cuddling on the sofa and going for long runs and walks when they were able. 

What I/we do now is cuddle up with our friends' dogs, or dogsit on occasion, or admire them from afar. While visiting our friends, Mark and Linda, their dog Gunner has been one of our favorites. He's a German Shorthair Pointer (GSP) and very well mannered. When the day is nearly done he will curl up on the sofa to cuddle. He is not a licker or kisser, shucks!

When he comes to visit us in Crofton, he heads straight for the toybox. I still keep a doggie toy box for any and all dogs to play with when they come over. Gunner likes to take his time taking them all out of the box/basket to play. But...he doesn't clean up after himself. The trail of toys is a force to be reckoned with!

Cheers to all the Canines near and far. A dog...a pet that is just like family. Please give them extra love today!

BSoleille!

Terri

My sister Kimberly with Champ and Olivia with Loo-C and Lucky

Gunner


No comments: