A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, August 20, 2021

Forest Bathing

Forest Bathing is the happening while in Colorado and South Dakota for us! It's harnessing the joys of and health benefits of being outdoors, and we love that. The Black Hills Forest in South Dakota have thousands of pine trees, tall and mighty. Standing amongst them as a human being, I feel so puny compared to their majestic stance as far as the eye can see. 

The whole concept of Forest Bathing was started in Japan but gaining more and more popularity in the US. It's a great concept for "being one with nature." Perhaps reaping the benefits of keeping stress at bay as much as our psyche will allow us to is what Forest Bathing can do for many people. I am usually in awe every step I take in the forest and beyond.

I recently bought a book on this exact subject, and plan to read it soon.

bSoleille!

Terri



No comments: