A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

North Dakota Today...My 43rd State!

It's not every day that you enter a bucket list item. Today, I/we entered, on purpose, my 43rd state out of the Union's 50! It was a planned visit, about 15 miles past the South Dakota border to reach North Dakota. The Misencik's and The Tomoff's had drove 2.5 hours each way from our wonderful stay in Spearfish Canyon, SD, to have lunch at Grazer's in Bowman, North Dakota. It was a great lunch to boot - hamburgers - all around, and for me, a bison burger. The rest of the week - salads!

The restaurant was a "Be Kind" kind of restaurant, and hubby #Billboard Bill had on a T-shirt that said "Be Kind to Everyone." It was total serendipity on Bill's part, but he was hootin' and hollerin' the whole meal! 

There was not much else to see or do, but we did not care. On our way up, I kept saying that I would love to see a cowboy rustling up the cattle. I've never seen it in Colorado, Arizona or South Dakota (or any state out West). Guess what? Today, as it was my turn to drive, about 50 miles into the drive back to SD, I saw in the distance (not hard, as there is not much out there) a truck and some cowboys! 

Once closer, there three cowboys, a dog and a horse trailer that Linda was able to capture. Yippee! My day was complete this afternoon. 

bSoleille! Cheers to 43 states visited: States to go: Alabama; Louisiana, Mississippi; Idaho; Minnesota, Montana, and Oregon. I hope to get to all the rest someday.

Terri





Cowboys in North Dakota!




Linda poking her heard out of a boulder on our late afternoon hike

Devils' Bathtub HIke - Spearfish Canyon


No comments: