A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, August 13, 2021

Signs of the Times

No bear sightings today on our hike late this afternoon - the Ceran St. Vrain, located northwest of Jamestown, Colorado. Shucks was my thought (I do live on the edge sometimes, but not with my gang today!) However, there were a few signs coming into Jamestown that "warned" visitors of the bears near the little town and the mountain we headed to for our hike. Of course, bears can be destructive just like any animal looking for food, but I am always hopeful to see one IRL. 

Frankly, with the four of us talking (Bill loudly- and I say this affectionately) and the Misencik's dog, Gunner, running ahead and zig zagging on the trail, no bear would step near us. My hope would be to see one in the distance, especially today when we hiked near a babbling brook - a perfect backdrop to see a mama and baby bear. Maybe next time... 

BSoleille!

Terri




Bill, Terri, Linda and Mark

I am a sucker for wildflowers


No comments: