A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 13, 2020

"The Prayer Box"

Have you ever written down little note about anything and put it in a prayer box? I haven't, but the thought of this really intrigued me, especially when my neighborhood book club selection this month was "The Prayer Box" by Lisa Wingate. Most months when we have book club, I get the book way in advance. This time, I relied on the local library (it seemed like it was on reserve forever!) and picked it up Saturday morning. I read (4) chapters on Saturday afternoon, and finished it yesterday. It was an ambitious read for a day, but I was hosting, and wanted to be ready for the discussion!

The book, and the discussion this evening, was excellent. It's so refreshing to get other's perspectives on various topics to learn from and take heed when the need arises. There were many nuances with our selection and we covered several of the topics in the book with aplomb. It was an amazing story that kept the reader captivated until the end (really quite inspiring); then leaves the reader thinking about it way after the last sentence is read. I believe that is a sign of a good book when you have those lingering thoughts, don't you?

BSoleille! The bright side of the neighborhood book club where most can walk to on a cold winter night and warm up with lively conversation and libations.

Terri


No comments: