A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Red "Gold"...in the Chili

Back in August when it was hot and sticky outside, friends Patty Lubin, Marilyn Eichner and I, sweated it out while canning over 60 quarts of "red gold" (aka crushed tomatoes)...okay, there was air-conditioning, but you get the point. Of course, winter was looming...and here we are, cold January days. What better way to use these precious garden tomatoes than in a huge crockpot of chili when the wind is howling and the temperatures are frigid?

If you canned last summer, are you using up your jars of goodness?

BSoleille! The bright side of a taste of summer on a cold winter day.

Terri


No comments: