A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, January 2, 2020

January Sunset On the First Day of the New Year

I've blogged in the past about January skies, and even cool sunsets in the very first month in the year. It seems that watching these changing skies on a dark cold night certainly helps to chase the "winter blues" no matter the longitude and latitude of where you live.

At the day's end yesterday, I walked into our "back office" room with windows and a large door looking out to the backyard, and out of the corner of my eye there hung the lowest waxing crescent moon in the western sky that I've ever seen. It seemed so close to just reach out and touch it. Of course, the photo does not do it justice compared to the naked eye, but it was so low and yellow that I wanted to share that moment here.

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: