A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, January 4, 2020

11th Year of Soccer Refereeing Began Today!

And just like that (snapped fingers), I've started my 11th year as a youth soccer referee today. With "milder" winter temperatures in Maryland, the outdoor winter leagues are quite enjoyable rather the indoor games (futsol) with lots of whistles blasting everywhere. It also helps that dressing appropriately no matter what the temps are helps a great deal. But, as we know, winter can be unpredictable, and in the middle of my third game out of three, the rain and wind entered the game which was not welcomed...at. all. So, maybe those indoor whistles aren't so bad? Nah, I'll stick to outdoors.

Prior to my set and getting ready on the sideline, my kit fell open and out fell 10 years of badges. Since they were right before me, I decided to "stage" this "badge" photo below before putting them away. I grabbed a ball from the sideline and violá - 10 years and lots of games refereed in all kinds of weather by golly!

BSoleille!

Terri

No comments: