A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Rainy Days and Mondays

Don't always get me down, despite what the Carpernters song said back in the 70's! However, I did have the honor to attend a "Celebration of Life" of my friends', Patty Lubin's Mom, "Mimi" (AKA Clara Carroll) who was laid to her final resting place today. At 88 years young, Mimi was a force to be reckoned with and was loved by all who came under her spell! She had wit, class and a streak of sarcasm she dispensed whenever she felt it was needed. I learned the art of canning tomatoes with Mimi (and with Patty and Marilyn Eichner), and she was always the boss of the day, chirping out instructions on what needed to be done throughout the entire process (like don't forget to add the fresh basil!). I will fondly look back on those late summer days of canning with Mimi. RIP!

BSoleille! The bright side of friendships through thick and thin, and I'm thankful for that!
Terri







No comments: