A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Nostalgia for Keeps

I am not sure what category I fall into when it comes to holding onto tangible things from our past, like childhood jewelry - either a "hoarder light" or "hanging on to it for posterity" type gal? And for many years, I could not find the "pre-Pandora" thing we used to call a "charm bracelet", but alas, just found mine and am ecstatic that it still fits and have every single state I visited on the bracelet as well. Those were the days, and I bet many ladies who grew up in the 50's, 60's, and 70's had the same kind of thing. I wonder if those "clues to our past" (vacations)  are still out there in some old jewelry box too; maybe ready to wear, or pass on to a grown daughter (or daughter-in-law) or even a granddaughter.

But the "funniest" item found in that childhood box was the smiley-face necklace I distinctly remember getting while I was in the 2nd grade, or 8 years old.  I wore it to school proudly, and then when I did wear it to school, only had it on about half the school day because I let several of my classmates wear it too! It was a communal smiley-face necklace, bringing smiles to everyone who noticed it.  I like to thing it was a precursor to the smiley emojis we have so prominently today in social media and everywhere else we need a quick "pick me up"!

So be Happy and Smile! And keep those items for "nostalgia"....

As a footnote, a BIG congratulations is being sent to the James Madison University Football team, who won the Div 1 AA FCS this afternoon, beating Youngstown State 24-14, and bringing home their second national championship since 2004! Cheers and smiles to that program ("The Best Daughter's Alma Mater).

BSoleille!
Terri


No comments: