A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Proud American Woman

Let me start out my post today that I am thankful for the US Constitution and the First Amendment including the Freedom of Speech, that covers all the brave folks who marched around the nation and  world for Human Rights for everyone! 

But as I scrolled through social media outlets today (and let me add, what a day!!!), I came upon one written by a "Sister" Cancer Fighting Warrior Mom, Allison Hopkins Soussi-Tanini, who eloquently stated the following:

"Proud to be an American woman today.  Proud of all our sisters from my local community and around the world who marched today in support of personal and human rights for ALL.  If we can all remember that we are on this planet together regardless of politics, borders, race or religion, we can respect each other at the human level.  I may not have physically been marching with you today, but my heart and soul shares your hopes and desires for peace as we enter into new and uncertain times.  Together we will continue to thrive in peace and love. Yes, we can!"

I would like to thank Allison for giving me permission to post this today and now pray for continued peace as we all move forward....day by day.

BSoleille!
Terri

No comments: