A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, July 12, 2021

My List of Band Names

For years I've kept records on all kinds of things: movies I've seen (used to keep the ticket stubs); concerts I've attended and then all the albums I used to have. With several moves over the years, I've thrown out all the stubs and no longer have the albums I thought were treasures. The culprit: Technology.

However, technology gave way to the iphone/smartphone with the unbelievable capability to hold a computer in our hand(s). We can reach anyone around the world, or at least look them up with a google search. Besides the automobile, this has got to be one of the world's best invention in our lifetime. 

In having storage apps and all the bells and whistles that go along with them, we no longer need to keep ticket stubs, or the like, in a safe space in a drawer. If there happens to be a ticket of some sort nowadays, a photo of it on a camera roll serves the storage piece of holding onto it. What about storing a list or text? Yep, there are apps that can store that too.

Through the years I've come to love the juxtaposition of words which parlay into band names, at least for me. I store them on my phone since the names pop up and come to me at odd times and hours of any given day. I've been on a safari in Africa (with college friends) and I/we have come up with a couple unique band names there. My quilting bees know of my list, and one band name came out of our zoom call tonight: Skinny Bird Legs (my bird quilt block I made for our ShoeBox Swap has, you guessed it, a bird block with skinny legs, Ha!). If anyone is looking for a unique "band" name, I may have just the name for you. 

Here are a couple more: beautiful farce; Listen Properly and Widening Scandal

BSoleille! The bright side of bold band names! My photo below is the awesome band that played at the McCarthy/Favuzza wedding two weekends back in New York - Sound Society

Terri

Sound Society - Band out of New York City



No comments: