A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Cleveland Book Launch Party a Success!

I am thrilled for today's Cleveland book launch for The Focused Fight. Over 50 people attended to celebrate with me and my family of touching lives and hearts one person/one family at a time with our story. Of course, many were family (cousins too), friends and former co-workers. I read two short passages in the book that captured the crowd by hearing my voice and intonation.

The informal conversations were deeply moving for me, as well as catching up with everyone else's life. One friend, Mark Misencik, drove his motorcycle from Colorado (he was also in Ohio visiting his family). My friend, Dan Frederick, drove in from Indianapolis, IN, to celebrate with me and my family. We met in our late teens and have remained friends through the years, keeping in touch via social media. So many familiar faces came that touched me and my family's heart more than they know. 

A big SHOUT of THANKS to The Focused Fight's Committee: Kimberly Kocan, Annette Pejeau, Sarah Marriott, Debbie Martinko and Lisa Speckman. They helped shape the party at the New Hampton Clubhouse for all to enjoy. 

I think my family and I are enjoying the afterglow of this party. We feel blessed and grateful for this incredible day.

BSoleille!

Terri

Delicious Cake!


Kimberly, Olivia, me, Ryan and Annette


APA Gals!





About to read a passage



I signed over 35 books!

The Fighter - Ryan!

My cousins Stephanie, Marsha and Larry Piecuch and sisters


My Kocan Nephews with Shana, Taylor and Ryan

Dan Frederick, me and Todd

Rosalie and Josh Franek; Rosalie's Mom, Mrs. Cosita and me



Rhodes Gals: Lisa Speckman, Sarah Marriott, Sue Doerle, me, Debbie Martinko and Karen McFarland

No comments: