A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Finding Our Happy Place

Even though my family and I have been keeping busy with sheltering-in-place, per our Governor's order, I'm not going to lie, I dream of busting out to go someplace (and not just to the grocery store, ahem). But we all have our memories, and probably lots of photos of previous places we've gone to, and once this crisis is over, get back to those happy places of our lives.

When that old standby song: Some Beach by Blake Shelton comes on the radio, these words say it all for me and takes my mind to a happy place to get through a tough moment, and now, perhaps a world-wide crisis...

Some beach
Somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair
Palm trees are growing and warm breezes blowing
I picture myself right there
On some beach, somewhere

Not only do I love a beach and turquoise waters like a lot of folks, checking out the sea life is right at the top of my list of a happy place. My photo below depicts a great moment in time that I let my mind wander to...and hope to get back to...someday.

BSoleille! The bright side of finding our mental happy place; snorkeling on Kannapali Beach, Hawaii

Terri




1 comment:

Quilting Nan said...

Thank you Terri, your blog post took me away for a little while.

Sheila