A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, April 27, 2020

Ubuntu

In today's crisis around the world, the African word "Ubuntu" seems to capture the state of the world and it's humanity more than anything else (or in my humble opinion). It's often translated as "I am because we are," or "humanity towards others." But I like that the philosophical sense is to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity." I believe the COVID crisis certainly connects all of humanity, and maybe this word: Ubuntu, is all we need to know while striving to restore the health of those suffering, and keeping everyone else safe. 

I love to ponder that if we do small things with great love (Mother Teresa), especially within our homes, and hopefully soon in our communities, and the wider world eventually, think how much better we can all be. 

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo below: Magical morning at Victoria Falls, Zambia, with Helen Gruneisen (on the edge of the falls) February 2016- Ubuntu practiced there!


No comments: