A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

What Book is on Your Nightstand During Shelter in Place?

Who doesn't love a good book? It seems that we all can get distracted with our phones and social media, as I am in that category too, but during this time of sequestering, there's nothing like curling up with a good book to break up the other "stuff" going on in our lives today.

Before the smartphone craze, I read about 52 books a year. Today, I read about 20, and I kind of feel bad about that. So, I plan on reading more to bring that number up once again. We are four and a half months post our New Year's resolutions, and reading more is always at the top of my list. I need to reserve part of the day (even an hour) to engross in a book like the "good old days."

My book choices run the gamut, but I always love to sneak in a classic, and can, thankfully, report that I just finished Franz Kafka's The Trial. It's a story of a man named Josef K. who is arrested of a crime he didn't know he committed, arrested and "prosecuted" by an inaccessible Court of Justice. The crime is never revealed to Josef or the reader. This classic was written between 1914-1915 in Prague (though Kafka was German).

How does reading a classic sound to you?

BSoleille! The bright side of reading a good classic book.

Terri






No comments: