A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Are We Looking for the Signs?

There are signs all around us...tangible ones and intangible ones, we just need to listen, then see what's really "out there." And then there's the "blink" or gut feelings we should all follow, but a lot of times second guess ourselves (I am one of those, but try come back around to what that gut was truly telling me at times.) Of course, it happens to be right 99% of the time, right?

More recently, the signs of today in this social isolation setup happen to be while out on our runs/walks/scoots around the neighborhood. Many are by young chalk artists using their sidewalks and blacktop driveways as their canvases to draw anything that comes to mind. The more "daring" signs are done by adults addressing these crazy times and giving a positive spin in our collective 'dire' circumstances. I posted one the other day that said: "You Matter."

While out on a scoot, I stopped for a second to compliment the "neighbor" who happened to be outside and the designer of my favorite ones, and told him so. I also mentioned I take photos of them and post on my blog, much to his delight.

I feel it's a small sign of solidarity and/or a thought for the day.

BSoleille!

Terri






No comments: