A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Crockpot Comfort Food

Those following me on this blog, of course, know my love of all things quilting (and traveling and refereeing soccer), but also know that I love my crockpots! Yes, that's plural, and sometimes I do have two going at once, believe it or not. So when my quilting bee was on a retreat a few years ago, bee-mate, Deb Hoppe, brought Crockpot Lasagna that was simply delicious! I couldn't get over how easy it was to prepare, and vowed to make it at home too.

Today, it's one of our "go-to" meals in the rotation. And...there are usually plenty of leftovers that could help a neighbor or two with their dining pleasure during this crisis we all face.

I am including my beat-up index card with the recipe below, and also know that you can "doctor" the recipe to make it more satisfactory to your tastes (for example, swap out cottage cheese for ricotta etc).

If you've made this (I know some of you have) you know of what I write. If you are looking for an easy peasy recipe guaranteed with leftovers, give it a chance, I doubt you would be disappointed.

BSoleille! The bright side of comfort food in a crockpot! Oh, and use regular lasagna noodles, not the pre-boils, and in this batch, used about 2 lbs of ground beef (it's a big crockpot).

Terri







No comments: