A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Namaste Your Way to Peace and Calm...(and Six Feet Away)

There is a lot we can do to improve our health and minds during this quarantine if you put your "mind" to it. In our neighborhood, we see many running, walking, cycling and gardening their way to keeping in shape and staying sane in these turbulent times. The internet is aflutter with "Namaste Six Feet Away," and for good reason.

But how about really taking it a step further, doing a yoga practice, and completing a flow to utter those precious words; namaste (I bow to the divine in you) when done?

Of course I spend many hours with my sewing machines, "driving" them about 100 mph, but when the mood strikes to exercise, (or hubby Bill says it's time for a scoot around the Crofton Parkway) we tackle about 4 or 5 miles most days (running/walking or walking/running...depending on the day).

However, for the past three days, I've started doing a yoga practice, and I love it! What took me so long to get back to it? As you can imagine, there are many yogis on the internet, but I found and really like Maris Aylward's youtube videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAUWdc_B05LUDmif1rypohw/videos

Her website is here: https://yogaupload.me/uploads/

If you do yoga on a regular basis; namaste. If you are looking for something different that can be relaxing and stress free, try a very easy and basic yoga practice. There is something for everyone, and maybe it can change your life...you never know.

I must admit, my flexibility is very tight due to all the running I've done through the years; and one that has never been able to touch my toes! Hopefully, this new practice will gain me some flexibility and nurture my mind, body and spirit!

BSoleille!

Terri






No comments: