A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, April 10, 2020

#CelebratingOthers - Mask Maker, Mask Maker, Make me a Mask

If you are part of the Mask Maker Brigade during these turbulent times, please go ahead and pat yourselves on the back! Doing "small" things with great love (Mother Teresa) is the essence of how we can all help humanity in its fight against the Covid-19, believe it or not!

While making over 100 masks this past weekend, and by the way, I had great help with my new #QuiltingBee - MenAtWork, I was able to help 70 employees at InstallNET and family and friends near and far with novelty themed masks. What a production, but hopefully, these masks will help with those brave enough to leave their homes and do their necessary tasks of banking, grocery shopping and going to the post office when the need arises.

As we "whistled while we worked," another lyric instantly popped into my goofy head from: Fiddler On The Roof - Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make me a Match...er Mask...

Taking liberty with the lyrics to "match" how we are living now:

"Mask Maker, Mask Maker
make me a mask -
fabric me a fabric
sew me a mask."

"Mask Maker, Mask Maker
look through your stash -
novelties and elastic to pair
and sew a perfect mask."

BSoleille! The bright side of #helpingothers, and celebrating those who are doing any part in making our world a better place...even with a two-sided quilting fabric mask.

Terri


Bee-mate Bill: #MenAtWorkBee

Father and Son or #MenAtWork

Production line...

Checking out the goods, do you see that smile behind the mask?

Pinning...and turning inside out...

More pressing required

About 70 masks lined up.

A little teaching goes a long way....

No comments: