A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, April 2, 2020

A "Throwback" Show-n-Tell with 2020 Quilt Show Entries

When I first started going to quilt guild meetings in the late 1990's, I was very intrigued with the "show-n-tell" feature at every meeting. Let me say, it is very inspiring no matter where one is in their quilting journey, and that is no different today. I love it and look forward to that part of the meeting, and rarely do we go without one (maybe if we have a guest speaker with a long presentation). Lots of quilts that make it to show-n-tell are ones that will eventually go into our annual show in March.

As we all know due to the virus, that simply did not happen this year for our guild, and I'd like to share the quilts with you that would have been in the show. I have taken photos of them throughout the year when completed, and needed to forward those quilt jpegs to our registration chair, but I do not recall "showing and telling" about any of them. The "throwback" part goes back to one quilt won and started at our 2008 quilt retreat, and then other quilts sprinkled in throughout the ensuing years, the last one started and finished in 2019 (Metro Twist).

I hope you enjoy seeing my quilts, as a couple of them will most likely not be in our 2021 show due to wedding gifts I've got earmarked for 2020. 

BSoleille! The bright side of a quilting show-n-tell!

Terri

Below is "Metro Twist"



Nature's Pallete


Bonnie & Me (another joint quilt venture with Bonnie Maneer)

2008 Retreat Blocks Extravaganza

Hearts Aflutter (blocks won on a special Valentine's Block Exchange in 2018)

Hanging around...





No comments: