A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A "Serendipity-ish" Day

My "day off" was planned to go to Georgetown to drop off 5 bags of quilts for the Hem/Onc patients and spend some time talking to parents of recently diagnosed children with Marilyn Eichner.  Before I left the house, my son expressed interest in going to hang out with the art therapists, so he came along. We did the above, but once there, Ryan's doc said he has not been seen in the clinic for awhile, so maybe they can slip him in on the schedule, which they did thankfully (and a good report as well).  And by the way, the Secret Service is coming by to do check presentation to the clinic ($14,000) and would Ryan like to say a few words of thanks on behalf of the patients and families. He did that impromptu speech with grace and humility. 

They then had the most amazing lunch spread for the occasion that we really enjoyed, and I did talk to a few parents before we left which was my mission for the day. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of one thing leading to something else that leads to something else entirely. Serendipity!

Terri


No comments: