A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

37 Quilts

My quilt guild, the Southern Comforters, are a very kind, caring and generous group of ladies. As I have mentioned in previous posts, community quilts is a strong component of our guild, and an SOS went out by one of our members recently that 37 single soldiers are coming back from Iraq and Afganistan soon to "empty barracks" at Ft. Hood, Texas. I am committed to making and quilting several made by others for this initiative because it's the least we can do for those brave men returning from the battle fields. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of fulfilling a need for our US soldiers!

Terri

Photo: Soldier quilt made by Flo Marion and being quilted by me (will finish it tomorrow). 



No comments: