A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, September 3, 2021

Question #10 from 3000 Questions

When in doubt, I will grab my 3000 Questions About Me book. I'll peek inside for a question to explore with hopefully an answer I will like and that will make sense. Hmmm.

Question #10 is this: What is the quality you most like in a man? 

Since the man in this question is singular, I'll answer that way. I am married to a man with the quality I like most, if not love, just as Aretha Franklin belts out in her iconic song—R-E-S-P-E-C-T! By far this is an excellent quality to have for anyone, and I am a lucky girl to have found a man, now my husband of 34 years, that owns his respect for me. He also has it for practically everyone he meets because it is in his DNA; it's his essence. 

Through the years I've seen other couples struggle in their partnerships. Some have divorced. Some have worked through their issues. When I've been informed of these struggles, as well as the stories shared with me, the lightbulb goes off  right in the beginning. What I realized is that most of the stories told have a genuine lack of respect. Trust, honesty, humor, good looks, frankly, are way down on the list of qualities. 

Respect, IMHO, takes the cake and is in the #1 slot hands down.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

BSoleille!

Terri





No comments: