A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, September 17, 2021

A Perfect Day of Greenlights Last Post

Since it was early afternoon, I figured traffic wouldn’t be an issue. It wasn’t. We sailed through the city to Maryland. However, about five miles from home we faced stopped traffic on the off ramp to get home. Bill suggested we take another exit off the ramp and drive through the adjacent city until it dumps us back out to the road we wanted to be on in the first place. I took the other ramp, but then jumped back on the road he suggested I stay away from. I saw in the distance that traffic was moving so go me. 

This road is 60mph but still has lights on it. They are spread out, but if stopped by a red light, they last between 3-5 minutes to go again. We never faced a red light; they were all green. Then Bill suggested for me to stop at our local Dunkin Donuts as he wanted a cup of coffee. No problem, but we were sailing through several miles of lights that we may get there before his order (on the app) is ready. When he punched in his order; it came back FREE. Another Green Light.

Where this DD is located there is a huge intersection. We always wait at the light for several minutes and rarely, if ever, get a green light. The magic wand must have been broken because plumes of fairy dust cast over our vehicle and we never had a red light at all. As soon as we approached the intersection, the lights turned that color of money. By this point we couldn’t believe out “luck.”

Our afternoon went quick. Once home I got ready and left to officiate a Boys Varsity High School soccer game, and Bill took Ryan to a dermatology appointment at the University of Maryland. Thankfully, after a week of crazy high school coaches in my craw, I refereed the most beautiful game of soccer with two Christian High School teams. I never heard a word out of a parent, student, player or coach. We all stood in the center of the field and the coach from the home team said a prayer before the start of the match. He did it at the end too. It was exactly what I needed to see. Green Light.

One more incredible moment happened when I called a woman who was trying to get in touch with me for a couple of days. Her mother lives on my street and is quite lovely, a retired 4th grade teacher. The teacher’s daughter, a woman I’ll call Roxanne, wanted to share a story with me regarding my book. She recently bought two signed copies at a locally owned store that sells unique items and gifts, and reluctantly gave her second copy to a friend of hers that has 1 year old son  battling cancer; neuroblastoma Stage 4. This woman I’ll call Lola told Roxanne that my book couldn’t have come at a better time in her life. Her son is in his focused fight at Johns Hopkins and took a photo of her reading the book with her one year old son laying in the hospital bed. Powerful connection. Green Lights all around. 

I knew my book could help others: one person, one family at a time. It is happening. The powerful words, the resources, the hope and inspiration in my message has been taken to heart by Lola and her family. I am over the moon with gratitude that this book is HELPING THEM! 

I cannot thank Roxanne enough either. Roxanne also sent me a lovely card, and a T-shirt with Lola’s son’s name, Jagger, on it for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. I am going to wear it proudly.

As for Ryan’s dermatology appointment, he had an ALL CLEAR except that the doc had to remove one skin tag. 

It is rare to have those perfect Green Light Days in life. What I’ve leaned into though, is recognizing them. Counting the blessings. It was one after another, so it was difficult NOT to see what was happening. We all get these type of days now and again. My hope it that others will tune into those seldom days and celebrate the moments no matter how big or small they may be.

Green lights.

Miracles.

BSoleille!

Terri

One more photo from Grand Rounds at Georgetown


  

No comments: