A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Officially Fall of 2021

When the leaves start turning, the thoughts of a comfy quilt fills my head. Sew…my fingers are not only typing on a computer to pound out my dailies/blog posts, but are busy making quilts for others. That is the best feeling in the world for me.

Dazzling Dogs

My life hasn’t gone to the dogs. Nope, quite the opposite. I appliqued these dog blocks over a couple of years while going to my evening quilting bee between 2008-2011. It was entered into my quilt guilds annual show in 2011 and won a blue ribbon! It brings me joy to honor the dogs that enhanced my life that no human can - unconditional love 24/7/365!

I hope this one brings a smile to your face. It’s a pattern by Amy Bradley Designs. I quilted it with dog bones in the yellow borders and other doggie things throughout the quilt you may not see in the photo. Plus, as with anything in a lot of photography, the photo does not do this quilt justice, but you get the gist.

BSoleille!

Terri

Dazzling Dogs - 2011


No comments: