A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

BRAVERY

As I am rounding the corner heading down the home stretch of my one minute videos in conjunction with Childhood Cancer Awareness Month; What would I have wanted to know when my son, Ryan, was diagnosed with cancer almost 25 years ago?

Today’s video explains…but only for a minute. Day 28 of CCAM - BRAVERY

It’s BRAVERY! That’s what I wish the docs/nurses/social workers would have told me. I guess they wanted me to see for myself what bravery looks like, and so it did.

What is the true meaning of bravery?

1 : the quality or state of having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty : the quality or state of being brave : courage showing bravery under fire .

I’d have to say that Ryan was under fire most of his young life - from 2-10 years of age. Oh sure, there were good times thrown in for good measure, but it was the miracle of witnessing this kid battle on, and here is the big one, he never complained.

Please give your kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews an extra hug (or virtual hug) today.

Thank you for reading along with me and my words!

bSolielle!

Terri

Ryan with the late BRAVE John McCain




No comments: